Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome Wednesday: Hair Brained Boutique

I did it again. I woke up late this morning and rushed out the front door to head to the gym, only to find out I got stood up by my workout partner!

Typical

On mornings like these I have to rush from my shortened workout (I'm not complaining about that!) to the shower, to work. Usually, my hair is the last thing on my mind as I sprint from shower to closet to car. I'm lucky if I get to my mascara before my carpool arrives. 

I don't mind my thrown together look. Most days, customers don't actually see me but hear from me. The only plus of having a desk job with a phone tied to my ear is that I never have to look into a the eyes of a well put together client after a self inflicted rushed morning. 

It sure would be nice, instead of avoiding the bathroom mirror on days like today to have something that gives me a little pizzazz. Simple, quick and cute. I am still a girl after all, I do like compliments! 

And that is when I found Erin from Hair Brained Boutiques. You're on my page now aren't you? Perfect! I did have a point! ;) 




Tell us a bit about yourself 

I'm a stay at home mom with a wonderful, almost three year old daughter. I've always been crafty and really enjoy doing it. I live in Maryland with my daughter, husband and our two dogs. I'm the baby of seven kids and my daughter is the 20th grandchild!


When did you first discover Etsy? 


I discovered Etsy a few years ago on the recommendation of a friend. I never bought anything but loved growing the unique items. I thought to myself - these people are so professional, I could never do that. Then I bought my daughter a headband at a craft fair and figured out that I could make them. I started working with fabric and beads and I made a few things for her. I got tons of compliments so I decided to try my hand at an Etsy shop. The community here has been my driving force to make my shop what it is.


Apart from creating, what do you do? 

Apart from crafting I like to exercise, read, and play with my daughter. I love a good margarita on a warm summer night and the company of my family and friends.

Is Etsy part time or full time? 

Etsy is a part-time thing for me, but I would love to make it full time. Right now I'm still learning, but one day I hope to be able to make a significant contribution to my family income with my Etsy shop. Maybe even one day open a retail shop.

Where else can we find you? 

Right now I share my wares on Etsy, Facebook, Twitter and lots of local craft shows. I also have some items in a local upscale boutique called The Lipstick Lounge.

What or who inspires you?


Lots of things inspire me - nature, other crafters, my daughter, and people. I'll see someone wearing a great coat and think - that color would look great in her hair!

Favorite part of the Etsy community? 


My favorite part of the Etsy community are the teams. People are so willing to help each other out. I love reading tips and getting advice. It really makes you feel like you're a part of something.

Who is the most influential person in your life? 

The most influential person to me has been my mother. Long ago my mother told me "Find something you love to do and do it!" I have found that in making and selling my accessories. At my first craft fair last week I thought to myself - this is it - this is what I was meant to do. I loved it! My mother passed away about three years ago in a sudden and tragic accident. I dedicate my shop and all my creative works to her.

What is your favorite item in your shop? 
The creations I have in my shop are handcrafted fabric flowers made into headbands, clips, bobby pins, and even pins. They are pretty, feminine and bright. They are for both women and girls and are meant to add a fun and flirty touch to any outfit.


Favorite recipe? 

 My favorite recipe is Chicken and Peppers. 


And in case you were wonder (don't lie, I know you are!) Here are my favorite items from 

Isn't she a cutie? I don't know that I could pull this off as good as she can. But I sure would try! 


Erin is doing a giveaway! Make sure you check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment