Monday, March 26, 2012

Community Monday: Peepers and Kane

It has been a looooooonnnng time since I stuck with my original blog topics. Writing with a strict topic in mind started feeling very limiting. So I stopped. Yet here I am again thinking back on Community Mondays. So here we go! 


Meet Peepers and Kane, the loving pair that is adoptable at the Seal Beach Animal Care Center.  Over the weekend I had the privileged of taking these little guys out to the Seal Beach Health Expo by the pier. There they strutted their stuff and showed hundreds of heath conscious   individuals that they deserved a forever home. 


Typically I am not a huge fan of small dogs. Growing up with larger breed dogs (like chows, chocolate labs and now american bull dog mix) I haven't really understood the importance of a small dog. I mean, anything you can pick up and throw over head can't be counted as a real dog right? WRONG! So wrong! 


Peepers and Kane came to the Seal Beach Animal Care Center together. Peepers got his name because he was found dirty and sick. (They both were) Peepers' hair was so badly matted that he couldn't even see! Kane, his trusted companion was literary carrying Peepers along and guiding him to safety. Hence why they are now called Peepers (he couldn't see) and Kane (she was his walking stick!) 


After hearing that story I about cried. Who wouldn't? This pair were inseparable and I could soon see why. Both dogs were so loving and cuddly. Almost immediately Kane and Peepers began to trust and love me. I hated to admit but I love them too! Those two followed me around as I walked around the doggy kennel at the Health Expo. They had already attached themselves to me in just a few short hours. How could I not love them? 


These two were both popular favorite at the expo. As I shared their loving personalities so many interested people came to give each of them a little pet. One little girl even cried as she begged her mom to let her take Peepers home. But that's the catch. Peepers and Kane are so bonded they need to find their forever homes together. 


Finding a home for 1 dog let alone 2 dogs is tough. I really hope Peepers and Kane do find their forever home soon. The pair are only about a year to a year and a half, making them energetic little guys. 


They sure did make believers out of me! When the day was over, I hated taking them back to the shelter. As I put them back into their dog run they both looked up at me with those eyes that said Hey wait, I thought you were our new mom! Poor babies! I hope they find someone to love them soon! 


If anyone is interested in 2 small dogs, check this pair out at the Seal Beach Animal Care Center. You won't be sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment